How many times have you broken your goal to learn an instrument? You’re not alone. #everydaymusician is about being mindful of the decisions we make to achieve our musical goals in our day-to-day. Today, you binge watched Netflix and didn’t play your ukulele. Like beginning any new skill, there will be bad days and good days. Tomorrow will be different.
So let’s kick off tomorrow with the movement to make you an #everydaymusician.
- Pick up your Populele (you saw that coming, didn’t you?).
- Even if it’s just for 5 minutes a day, schedule time to play. You should be able to get through a quick game in the Populele app or a video tutorial in 5 minutes.
- Track your play time. Take notes on each of your practice sessions. This habit will help you focus, stay positive, and practice regularly.
- Make changes. If the learning style you’re trying isn’t working, look for additional learning resources. You can join a ukulele club for collaboration or ask a friend for in-person help mastering a difficult chord. The options are endless!
- Don’t give up. Becoming good at something takes a lot of practice. Great musicians practice a lot and so should you.
Staying focused and motivated is easier with a support system. Join our movement by tagging #everydaymusician on social media and showing us how you’re working towards becoming a better musician. If you tag us @popuband.us, we’ll be happy to give you some encouragement!